How To Make Banana & Jam Cake? - How to

Wednesday 4 October 2017

How To Make Banana & Jam Cake?

Banana & Jam Cake



I do not often have them, we are prolific banana eaters in my house, but when I do I like to bake them into breads and cakes.  So does my husband, so it typically works out pretty well for everyone.  This time around I was thinking about peanut butter and bananas.  When I explained my vision to hubs he suggested that some grape jam filling might be a good idea.  He was right.

Ultimately these are like the best peanut butter, banana, and jam sandwich you ever had.  The cake is tender with little nuggets of creamy banana throughout.  Without the jam and frosting it is a lovely banana cake that would make a good breakfast or snack all alone.  I used grape jam to fill the cakes, but you can use whatever jam you like.  Strawberry would probably be stellar.  Topping it all off is a fluffy peanut butter buttercream frosting.  I could literally eat this frosting with a spoon … I’m just saying.  These are seriously tasty and if you love bananas and peanut butter you MUST try them!



Ingredients Of Banana & Jam Cake






  • 3 bananas
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup mixed fruit jam
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/4 cup wheat flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence

  • How to Make Banana & Jam Cake

    1. Sieve atta and baking soda together. Keep aside.
    2. Mix brown sugar, olive oil and jam together. Use a blender to do so. Add mashed bananas, whiz the blender till the banans are pureed.
    3. Now, add eggs and vanilla essence and blend again for 3-4 seconds.
    4. Gradually mix the flour with the banana mixture. Mix till the batter is smooth.
    5. Grease the cake tin and dust it with a little flour.
    6. Pour the mixture in the tin and bake at 180 degree Celsius for 25-30 minutes in an oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment